Plan to improve quality of life in long-term care centres

On September 23, 2013, the Jeffery Hale residence (CHSLD) was visited by a team appointed by Québec's Minister of Health and Social Services and Minister Responsible for Seniors to assess the quality of the living environment. In turn, Saint Brigid's Home received a visit on June 4 and 5, 2014. 

After these visits, we received reports for each site outlining the visitors' findings and their resulting recommendations. In response to these recommendations, JHSB produced improvement plans for each site that will ensure that we take action to gurantee a quality living environment. 

As for the Jeffery Hale improvement plan, a follow up Ministerial visit is scheduled every 6 months. The last visit, conducted on March 13, 2015, revealed that that 60% of the recommendations had been put in place. The remaining 40% will be addressed during renovations that will be carried out as part of the plan de conservation des installations. Regarding Saint Brigid's improvement plan, a follow-up visit took place on July 7, 2015 with the observation that 71% of recommendations had been put in place and the remaining 29% are in underway.