Special Needs Services
At Jeffery Hale Community Services, we offer support to special needs children of any age and their caregivers. Services are available to English-speaking people who live on the north shore (03 region) of the Quebec City area and are provided through an agreement with the region's CIUSSS.
Our special needs (DI-DP-TED) services are for people who have been diagnosed with:
- An intellectual disability;
- A physical disability;
- Pervasive developmental delay or autistic spectrum disorder;
Our DI-DP-TED social worker provides the following services:
- Does psychosocial follow up;
- Supports families and caregivers, and puts them in contact with support groups;
- Works with specialized and professional services, such as: IRDPQ, CRDI, Hôtel Dieu du Sacré Coeur;
- Helps access financial programs for respite and homecare services;
- Refers to community integration programs (school, work, summer camps, community activities and events);
We also work with other organizations, such as:
- Jeffery Hale Community Partners (our main partner from the non-profit sector) that offers the SNACS program, providing safe and inclusive activities for special needs children, teens and young adults, as well as for their caregivers;
- Centre de Réadaptation en Déficience intellectuelle de Québec (CRDI);
- Institut de Réadaptation en Déficience physique de Québec (IRDPQ);
- Office des Personnes handicapées du Québec;
- Special Olympics, and;
- Association de l’Intégration sociale de Quebec.
How to reach us
For more information on our Special Needs services, please contact Community Services reception by phone at 418 684-5333, ext. 1580, or use our contact us form.